Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Time Flies!

Has it REALLY been that long since I posted here? I don't know where the time goes. I'm hoping to be more disciplined and post here more often.

I've started a new chapter since I was here last. I've been working at Michaels Arts & Crafts for almost three weeks. I needed to get back to something crafty to find inspiration again.

I'm currently working as a "replenishment associate" which means I unpack boxes and restock shelves. It's actually fun. I'm working in the sewing/needlecraft/yarn section. Wow! There are some AMAZING yarns out. It's motivating me to FINALLY learn how to crochet and/or knit. I know how to do the chain stitch in crochet and I've even made some jewelry with this technique but now I want to learn more.

The people I work with are really nice. On the whole, the customers have been nice too. Yesterday was a bit of a zoo. Some people were doing last minute back-to-school shopping and were a bit miffed that an arts and crafts store didn't carry binders, notebook paper, backpacks and lunch boxes.

OK. Don't want to over-post today. I have to get back down to the studio to work on some more jewelry. Our second craft show of the year is next weekend. More details on that to come...

Julie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment